Diff Geo II
Equivalent to the basic course
"Analysis and Geometry on Manifolds"
- The take-home final exam is available here.
Solutions are due Thursday 19 February at 15:00.
The printed copies handed out in the last lecture had
(at least) one typo:
In problem 1, the form omega of course must
be an n-form not an m-form.
- The final lecture will be Thursday 14:15-16:00
(no lecture 16-18h).
- Here is the applet for holonomy on the sphere.
- Note the correction to problem 4 on the homework for 28 Jan.
- There is no homework assignment due 10 Dec. Instead
please study for the test on 11 Dec.
- On 10 Dec, there will be a lecture in place of the tutorial.
On 11 Dec at 14:15 will be the first test.
- There is no homework assignment due 19 Nov.
(Thus in the future, assignments will be due later
compared to when the material is introduced in lecture.)
- On 20 Nov, the lectures will be a bit shorter
than usual (approx. 14:15-15:20, 15:30-16:30). This will
to allow anyone else who is interested to
attend the Queen's Lecture Do We Need Mathematicians?
by Ian Stewart (17:00, Audimax).
- Thursdays 14-16 and 16-18 in MA 749
- Wednesdays 14-16 in MA 850
- Office hours (Sullivan):
- Tuesdays 11:45-13:00 (MA 318) or by appointment
- Office hours (Zito):
- Mondays 14:15-15:45 (MA 843)
The syllabus is online.
Homework assignments (due Wednesdays in the tutorial)
- due 29 Oct 2008
- due 5 Nov 2008
- due 12 Nov 2008
- due 26 Nov 2008
- due 3 Dec 2008
- due 17 Dec 2008
- due 14 Jan 2009
- due 21 Jan 2009
- due 28 Jan 2009 (corrected: signs should be + in problem 4)
- due 4 Feb 2009