VL: Tropical Combinatorics, WS 13/14
für Mathematik, TU
|VL+UE: ||Wednesday ||10-12 ||(MA 742)|
| ||Thursday ||14-16 ||(MA 648)|
No class on Thursday, Oct 24; instead
The class on Wednesday, Oct 30, will be moved to MA 621.
See also the Seminar on Tropical Curves in the Summer of 2014.
The course will roughly follow my book draft. This is about
a combinatorial perspective on tropical geometry. About two thirds of the course will be held
as lectures, while the remaining third will be exercises.
References related to tropical combinatorics
- Itenberg, Mikhalkin and Shustin: Tropical algebraic geometry. Second edition. Oberwolfach Seminars, 35. Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 2009.
- Joswig: Essentials of tropical combinatorics, draft of a book, Springer, to appear.
- Maclagan and Sturmfels: Introduction to tropical geometry, draft of a book.
General references related to geometric combinatorics
- De Loera, Rambau and Santos: Triangulations, Springer 2010.
- Joswig and Theobald: Polyhedral and algebraic methods in computational geometry, Springer
- Thomas: Lectures in geometric combinatorics. Student Mathematical Library, 33. IAS/Park City Mathematical Subseries. AMS, Providence, RI; Institute for Advanced Study (IAS), Princeton, NJ, 2006.
- Ziegler: Lectures on polytopes, Springer 1995.
- Cox, Little, O'Shea: Ideals, varieties, and algorithms. Third edition. Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics. Springer, New York, 2007.
- Sturmfels: Gröbner bases and convex polytopes. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1996.
- Sturmfels: Solving systems of polynomial equations. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2002.
Last modified: Thu Oct 08 15:52:13 CEST 2013