The course will be held online. The zoom link for the lectures will be shared with the registered participants.
Prerequisites: Diskrete Geometrie I and Algorithmische Diskrete Mathematik I
The type of evaluation is Portfolioprüfung. Participants are required to give a presentation and write short lecture notes about one of the selected topics.
The purpose of this seminar is to learn about recent advances in combinatorial aspects of tropical geometry.
Topics treated in the seminar include
- tropical convexity and tropical polytopes
- tropical techniques in graph algorithms
- tropical linear programming.
The main reference will be the upcoming book Essential of Tropical Combinatorics
written by Michael Joswig.
- 14:00-15:00: Tropical Convexity
- 15:00-16:00: Combinatorics of Tropical Polytopes
- 16:15-17:15: Tropical Linear Programming
- 17:15-18:15: Tropical Linear Programming
- 14:00-15:00: Graph Algorithms and Polyhedra
- 15:00-16:00: Product of Tropical Polynomials
- 16:15-17:15: Matroids and Tropical Linear Spaces
- 17:15-18:15: Matroids and Tropical Linear Spaces
- Thursday, November 5, 14:00-16:00: Introductory meeting. Slides.
- Thursday, November 12, 14:00-16:00: Tropical Hypersurfaces. Slides.
- Thursday, November 19, 14:00-16:00: Fields of Power Series and Tropicalization. Slides.
- Thursday, November 26, 14:00-16:00: Examples and Topics. Slides.
- Thursday, December 03, 14:00-16:00: Assignment of Topics
- Thurday, January 07, 14:00 - 16:00: Questions