[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- jReality talk
- a short presentation I gave on jReality using jDvi
- circle packings
- conformally symmetric circle packings.
a generalization of doyle spirals.
- my dissertation online
smoke ring flow
- discrete hashimoto surfaces
and a doubly discrete smoke ring flow.
applets and webstarts
- a web start that shows the triply orthogonal coordinate
system given by confocal quadrics. The surfaces are cut in
half and three sliders let you browse through the three
families of quadrics (ellipsoids, hyperboloids of one sheet,
and hyperboloids of two sheets).
- do an inverse Radon transformation by hand.
Joint work with N. Kutz.
pong on a torus
- play pong on a torus against yourself (including a 3d version).
Joint work with N. Kutz.
a discrete cycloid
- an applet that illustrates the construction of a discrete
cycloid. It has the property that its (discrete) evolute is again
a similar cycloid. This holds in the smooth case as well of course.
software for doing interactive math
- a 3d geometry viewer framework written in java.
Authors: Peter Brinkmann, Charles Gunn, Tim Hoffmann, Holger Pietsch, Ulrich Pinkall, Markus Schmies, and Steffen Weissmann. It allows to view geometries
on such a variety of target systems as pure software rendering, OpenGl
accelerated rendering the PORTAL virual reality theatre and file
formats as PIXAR's rendermanTM SVG, and PostScript..
- another 3d geometry viewer framework written in java.
One of the predecessors of jReality.
It does a little part of what jReality is
capable of now. (Tim Hoffmann)
- a dvi file viewer written in java.
jDvi is a tool for making mathematical papers online available and for
making presentations or giving talks. It is capable of placing java
applets inside a TeX document just like figures. (Tim Hoffmann)
- java tools for experimental mathematics. A continuously growing
library of packages for doing mathematics in java.
Authors: Ulrich Heller, Tim Hoffmann,
Samy Khadem-Al-Charieh, Vitali Lieder, Christian Mercat, Holger Pietsch,
Ulrich Pinkall, Marcel Rettkowski, Nick Schmitt, Markus Schmies,
Boris Springborn, and Dagmar Timmreck
- a software to do rapid application development and much more in Java. (H. Pietsch, M. Schmies)
- A string rewriter written in Java (Tim Hoffmann)
virtual math labs
- A collection of JavaWebStart applications with a variety examples
from calculus and geometry. (various authors)
- interactive geometry software written by J. Richter-Gebert and U. Kortemkamp. In Java. The german University version is free.
- a geometry viewer written in java with an integrated library
for doing numerics for geometry. (K. Polthier, K. Hildebrandt, E. Preuss, U. Reitebuch, and others)
- the wiki
- of the geometry and visualization group at TU Berlin.