Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
I am currently teaching the Combinatorial Commutative Algebra TCC course in the University of Bristol:
- From January 23 to March 13 (2017).
Winter semester 2015: I taught Algebraic statistics at TU Berlin.
My research interests lie in commutative algebra and combinatorics with focus in applications.
- Toric degenerations of varieties
- Toric varieties and lattice ideals
- Algebraic and combinatorial divisor theory for graphs and oriented matroids
- Sandpile models (avalanche dynamics)
- Hyperplane arrangements, and Orlik-Terao ideals
- Gröbner bases and its applications
- Deformation, minimal free resolutions, and cellular resolution of ideals
- Determinantal ideals and their application in conditional independence statements
- Algebraic statistics: Graphical models and maximal likelihood degree of varieties
- System reliability theory and percolation theory
- Combinatorial persistent homology
Seminars on NonLinear Algebra:
- 2015.10-2017.01: postdoc within the Einstein project in Bernd Sturmfels group at Technical University Berlin.
- 2014.11-2015.10: IST Fellow working with Caroline Uhler.
- 2013.11-2014.08: Alexander von Humboldt research fellow at Osnabrück University with Winfried Bruns.
- 2012.07-2013.10: Alexander von Humboldt research fellow at the Philipps University Marburg working with Volkmar Welker.
- 2011.09-2012.06: postdoc at MSRI, Berkeley, under the supervision of Helene Barcelo.
Some recent and upcoming activities:
- Talk @ Antalya Algebra Days 2017 at Bilkent University (May 20-21, 2017).
- Talk @ Applied Algebra and Geometry meeting at the University of Edinburgh (May 18-19, 2017).
- Oberwolfach Workshop in Algebraic Statistics (April 16-22, 2017).
- Research visit at University of Cologne (September 19-22, 2016).
- Research visit at the Max Planck Institute Leipzig (September 12-17, 2016).
- Research visit at the IST Austria (September 4-11, 2016).
- Research visit at Essen-Duisburg University, Germany (July 24-August 30, 2016).
- Summer School on Geometry of valuations at Goethe-University, Frankfurt, Germany (July 4-8, 2016).
- Summer School on Algebra, Statistics and Combinatorics at Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland (June 27-July 2, 2016).
- Hausdorff School: Economics and Tropical Geometry at the Hausdorff Center for Mathematics (HCM), Bonn, Germany (May 9-13, 2016).
- SIAM Annual Meeting at the Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston Massachusetts, USA (July 11-14, 2016).
- Talk @ Algebraic and Topological Methods in Combinatorics at the 2016 Joint Mathematics Meetings in Seattle, WA (January 6-9, 2016).
- Talk @ Combinatorics seminar, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (November 2015).
- Sandpile Groups, BIRS-CMO Workshop (November 15-20, 2015) at Casa Matemática Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Divisors on graphs, binomial and monomial ideals, and cellular resolutions (with Farbod Shokrieh) arXiv, Journal Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- On the Orlik-Terao ideal and the relation space (with Dinh Van Le) arXiv, Journal Advances in Applied Mathematics, 2015.
- Divisors on graphs, orientations, syzygies, and system reliability arXiv, Journal Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 2015.
- A Family of Quasisymmetry Models (with Maria Katari and Bernd Sturmfels) arXiv, Journal Journal of Algebraic Statistics, 2015.
- Cellular resolutions via mapping cones (with Anton Dochtermann) arXiv, Journal Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 2014.
- Divisors on graphs, Connected flags, and Syzygies (with Farbod Shokrieh) arXiv, Journal International Mathematics Research Notices, 2014.
- The algebraic method in tree percolation (with E. Sáenz-de-Cabezón and H. P. Wynn) arXiv, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 2016.
- Types of signature analysis in reliability based on Hilbert series (with Eduardo Sáenz-de-Cabezón and Henry P. Wynn) arXiv 2015.
- Prime splittings of Determinantal Ideals (with Johannes Rauh) arXiv 2016.
- Generalized Permutohedra from Probabilistic Graphical Models (with Caroline Uhler, Charles Wang, and Josephine Yu) arXiv 2016.
Papers in preparation:
- Deformation of hyperplane arrangements, and characteristic polynomials (with Dinh Van Le).
- Conditional independence ideals with hidden variables (with Johannes Rauh).
- Conditional independence relations in Gaussian DAG models (with Caroline Uhler).
- Persistent homology based on lcm- filtration for monomial ideals (with Eduardo Sáenz-de-Cabezón and Henry P. Wynn).
- Avalanche dynamics in ring networks (with Anna Levina).