Dr. Kersten Schmidt
|Phone:||+49-(0)30-314 2 57 95|
|Fax:||+49-(0)30-314 2 11 10|
Post to:||Technical University Berlin|
Secretariat MA 6-4
Strasse des 17. Juni 136
D-10623 Berlin, Germany
- Talk at the Jahrestagung der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung in Köln, in the Minisymposium "Analysis und Simulation von Nanostrukturen", 19./20.Sept. 2011.
- Talk on the Langenbach seminar on "High order transmission conditions for conductive thin sheets", 1th June 2011, 15:15, Weierstrass-Institut Berlin.
- In summer term I will give the course "Numerics of PDEs" at the TU Berlin (starting April 11 2011, 14h15 in MA 376).
- As new member of the group Dirk Klindworth begins.
- Preprint with A. Chernov on "Robust families of transmission conditions of high order for thin conducting sheets", INS Report 1102.
- Article with S. Tordeux on "High order transmission conditions for thin conductive sheets in magneto-quasistatics" accepted in M2AN.
- Invited speaker on the Matheon workshop "4th Annual Meeting Photonic Devices", Feb 18, 2011, Berlin, Germany.
- From January 2011 on I have a junior research group in the DFG Research Center MATHEON in Berlin/Germany. The group is located at the TU Berlin.
- Speaker in the Seminar of modelling and scientific computation, Dec 7, 2010, 14:00, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt.
- The next POEMS seminar will be on November 25th about "Homogenization" with the two speaker Grigory Panasenko (St. Etienne) and Assyr Abdulle (EPF Lausanne).
- Speaker on the ACE'10, July 5-7, Zürich,
- I have attended the 6th Workshop on Numerical Methods for Optical Nano Structures, July 5-6, Zürich,
- I was invited speaker on the Workshop
"Effective Boundary Conditions in Aeroacoustics" at ENSTA in
Paris/France, June 29-30.
- Invited speaker on the 10th Singular
Days, April 29-May 1, Berlin, Germany.
- SAM report with H. Brandsmeier and Ch. Schwab on A multiscale hp-FEM for 2D
photonic crystal band (April 2010).
- INRIA report with S. Tordeux on High order transmission conditions for thin conductive sheets in magneto-quasistatics (April 2010).
- At the Mathematics Graduate Colloqium at the ETH Zürich I was speaking about "What are... Concepts of High-order Finite Element Methods?" on April 20.
- Article with R. Kappeler on "Efficient Computation of Photonic Crystal Waveguide Modes with Dispersive Material" published online by Optics Express.
- I was organising with X. Claeys (ISAE Toulouse) a minisymposium "Numerical and Analytical Methods for Problems with Multiple Scales" at the GAMM'2010, March 22-26, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Article with S.Tordeux on "Asymptotic modelling of conductive thin sheets" published online by ZAMP.
- Announcement for a master thesis project (projet de stage) Modelling of acoustic waves in grazing viscous flows (Modélisation de ondes acoustique dans de flux visqueux rasants).
- We have a video transmission of the lecture Asymptotic Methods for Wave Propagation Problems of A. Bendali (INSA Toulouse) at ETH Zurich to INRIA Rocquencourt.
- Talk on "High order transmission conditions for conductive thin sheets - asymptotic expansions versus thin sheet bases", 1st Sept. '09, Rennes/France.
- Talk on "hp-adaptive Finite Elements in the C++ library Concepts " at the Zurich NanoOptics Workshop 2009, 8th July '09, Zürich/Switzerland.
- Talk on "Anisotropic hp-adaptive H(curl)-conforming FE space in 2D on meshes with hanging nodes" at conference ICOSHAOM'09, 24th June '09, Trondheim/Norway.
- Talk on "Modelling of TE and TM Modes in Photonic Crystal Wave-Guides" on the Waves'09 conference, 15th June, Pau/France.
- Since the 1th March I am PostDoc in the group POems for "Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Simulation of Wave Propagation" of Dr. Patrick Joly at INRIA Paris-Roquencourt. The research period is enabled by the support of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- The manuscript of my thesis about "High-order numerical modelling of highly conductive thin sheets" is online. See the abstract.
List of Publications: see here
- Numerics of partial differential equations
- hp-finite elements with hanging nodes
- asymptotic expansion techniques
- modeling of electromagnetics
- modeling of photonic crystals
- boundary element method
List of Talks: see here
List of Poster: see here
Former work locations:
2008/2009 Bonn University, Research Associate
I was working in the group of Prof. Alexey Chernov at the Hausdorff Center for Mathematics and the Institute for Numerical Simulation at the Universität Bonn.
2002-2008 ETH Zurich, Research Associate
I was working at the Seminar for Applied Mathematics with Prof. Ralf Hiptmair and Prof. Christoph Schwab.
Leading Developer of Numerical C++ Library Concepts
Ph. Frauenfelder, K. Schmidt, Ch. Schwab, Benchmark computations for Maxwell equations
for the approximation of highly singular solutions computed with Concepts, 2004.
Chief assistant of
- Numerics of partial differential equations (for math students, with Prof. R. Hiptmair)
- Analysis I (for students of civil engineering, with Prof. R. Sperb)
- Courses in Numerical Methods, Parallel Computing, Analysis II, Linear Algebra, Physics
- Seminars about Fast Fourier transform, Hierarchical Matrices, Multilinear algebra
- Emanuel Gull, term project "Simulation einer magnetischen Spitze", 2004
- Peter Kauf, term project "Finite Elements for Photonic Crystals", 2007
- Holger Brandsmeier, "C++-Implementation of a eigenvalue solver for Photonic cyrstals", since 2008