Homepage of Holger Eble
I am a PhD candidate and assistant at the Institute of Mathematics of the
Technical University in Berlin.
I am a member of the discrete
geometry group of Prof. Dr. Michael Joswig who is my thesis advisor.
Office: Strasse des 17. Juni 136, Room 620
Office hour: by appointment
where domain = math[dot]tu[minus]berlin[dot]de
I am interested in polytopal and algebraic geometry, including applications in other scientific disciplines like biology.
I like teaching both pure and applied Mathematics. So far I've been serving as teaching assistant for theses courses:
Winter term 20/21: Discrete Geometry II
Summer term 20: Discrete Geometry I
Winter term 19/20: Topology
Summer term 19: Computer-oriented Mathematics II
Winter term 18/19: Computer-oriented Mathematics I
Summer term 18: Algorithmic Discrete Mathematics II
Winter term 17/18: Lineare Algebra for Engineers
- polymake extension: EpistaticFiltration
This is the software companion to the article:
Holger Eble, Michael Joswig, Lisa Lamberti, and William B. Ludington,
"Cluster partitions and fitness landscapes of the Drosophila fly microbiome",
J. Math. Biol. 79.3, pp. 861–899. doi: 10.1007/s00285-019-01381-0.
- 09/2020: DMV Tagung 2020
- 07/2019: SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry in Bern. Invited Talk in the mini-symposium "Fitness landscapes and epistasis".
- 05/2019: Computeralgebra-Tagung 2019 in Kassel
- 09/2018: SFB TRR 195 second annual meeting in Tübingen
- 11/2017 -- present: PhD candidate and assistant at TU Berlin
- 08/2016 -- 10/2017: Software developer
- 07/2016: Parental leave
- 08/2015 -- 06/2016: High School (Gymnasium) teacher for Mathematics (full teaching load)
- 08/2014 -- 01/2016: M.Sc. in Mathematics at TU Berlin with Prof. Dr. Große-Klönne (HU Berlin) in Algebraic Number Theory